| || || |
| || |
| Program Officer â Training and Social Capital |
| Heifer Project International |
|Location: Muzaffarpur, Bihar |
| || || Apply by: 25 Jan 2023 |
|Relevant Sectors || Agriculture, Livelihoods, Microfinance, Rural, Urban |
| || Capacity Building, Training, Advocacy |
| || Social, Gender, Education, Youth, Child |
Program Officer – Training and Social Capital
Heifer Project International
Location: Muzaffarpur, BIHAR, India
Apply by: 25th Jan 2023
Job ID: 858
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of specially-abled.
The Program Officer – Training and Social Capital will lead Heifer’s training and social capital efforts, and assist project partners in delivering various trainings to build the capacity of the project partner team, self-help groups (SHGs), and farmer producer organizations (FPOs). The Officer will work with the Program Manager in the design, implementation, and follow-up of social capital development, aligned training programs for project partners and farmers, and in establishing government partnership and Heifer India staff in accordance with Heifer’s objectives, policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES: (including approximate percentage effort)
Facilitate social capital development initiatives (40%):
- Prepare information, education and communication (IEC) materials, social capital content and modules for the BSLD project.
- Lead and organize various events such as Heifer Cornerstones, Participatory Self Review and Planning (PSRP), Gender and Justice, Group Management, VBLP, and Personal Leadership Development to build social capital for BSLD staff and community members.
- Visit other agencies, training programs and workshops to learn important skills and knowledge relevant to the BSLD project’s objectives and use them in its existing projects.
- Visit project locations/project partners/SHGs for follow-ups and to check the effectiveness of Heifer’s existing social capital programs and content and then customize the content, delivery and materials for greater effectiveness.
- Train project partners on project implementation to increase the effectiveness of projects.
- Assist project partners in various trainings, farmers’ field trips, exchange visits, study tours, etc.
- Report to the Program Manager on the progress of projects and discuss next steps as appropriate. \
- Establish government partnership, collaboration and networking.
- Develop/update strategy/interventions to ensure social capital development is appropriately incorporated in signature programs, as well as in the resource mobilization teams and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Assist with production of the entire training/facilitation package for the Social Capital Development component and be responsible for rolling it out.
- Develop/update/produce training manuals and guidelines on all Values-Based Holistic Community Development (VBHCD) elements, e.g., Heifer Cornerstones, PSRP, Mentoring Team Mobilization, SHG management, etc.
- Develop/update/produce training/facilitation materials and training tools.
- Build the capacity of the signature program team, implementing project partners and cooperatives to implement the Personal Transformation component of the project.
- Ensure that Cornerstone and social capital development trainings/facilitation are organized for various stakeholders as needed under each signature program.
- Support the signature program team to strengthen social capital among farmer-owned agribusinesses (FOABs).
- Support in documenting lessons learned, good practices, and success stories related to social capital.
- Provide backstopping support, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, research and development, and communication regarding social capital in social media and other appropriate platforms.
Strengthen social capital in SHGs, PMCs, PIMCs and FPOs (30%):
- Facilitate and serve as a resource person for trainings and TOTs in Bihar.
- Strengthen SHGs and FPOs in the BSLD project through program activities.
- Ensure community mobilization for group formation, timely savings and credit, interloaning and planning at the SHG level.
- Ensure the timely pass-on of physical and training inputs from original to POG groups.
- Support in formation and strengthening of PMC and PIMCs and strengthen them in planning, monitoring and logistic support of project activities.
- Ensure community mobilization for joining the FPOs and strengthening social capital in FPOs through Cornerstones training and PSRP.
- Monitor program implementation progress with respect to training and social capital and give input where necessary based on quality improvement.
- Facilitate trainings and capacity building of Heifer and partner staff on training and facilitation skills.
- Develop trainings and workshops on government-initiated schemes, provisions for the project families/groups.
- Provide quality assurance for all SHGs/cooperatives/producer associations/producer companies through the Triadic Partnership Model.
Cooperative Development (25%):
- Formulate the cooperative development strategy for signature programs.
- Implement policies, procedures and systems for cooperative development in alignment with Heifer’s signature program strategy.
- Facilitate pre-cooperative orientation activities in the SHGs and clusters of SHGs as they develop into cooperatives and unions.
- Facilitate SHGs in the formation of primary cooperatives and support in the registration process.
- Facilitate the capacity building of cooperative/union governing boards and management in effective and efficient decision making, financial management, human resource management, operation and strategic planning and implementation, conflict management, and democratic governance.
- Monitor, support and backstop the cooperatives/unions for effective functioning.
- Build relationships with external agencies (public and private), and facilitate engagement with similar organizations (unions, federations).
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor's degree in Rural Development, Social Sciences, or Social Work plus three (3) years of experience.
- Knowledge of and experience related to training and adult learning methodologies.
- Expertise of making training and Information Education and Communication materials.
- Ability to work with government departments and establish good relationships.
- Knowledge of and experience with or within community organizations.
- Fluent in Hindi and English, spoken as well as written.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Good communication skills.
- Have an interest in animal/agriculture-based community development.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Skills with Microsoft Office packages, internet browser and other appropriate technology.
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Constant face-to face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Ability and willingness and ability to travel extensively, both locally and internationally.
- Willingness and ability to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity teamwork and cooperation.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online by accessing this link: https://www.heifer.org/about-heifer/careers/view-all-jobs.html and select the position “Program Officer- Training and Social Capital” having Job ID: 858 for filling your application online.
The Last date to apply is 25th Jan 2023.
|VIEW SIMILAR JOBS: |
| ||Was this job of interest to you? Subscribe to Value Membership to get access to similar jobs and hundreds of other member-only jobs. |
| || || Apply by: 25 Jan 2023 |
| || || || |
| Access all the jobs and get ahead! |
| PREMIUM JOBS |
| Post a Premium Job |
Manager / Senior Consultant - WASH Sector Ernst & Young (EY), Odisha Apply by: 05 Feb 2023
India Senior Decent Work Coordinator Better Cotton Initiative, Delhi Apply by: 24 Feb 2023
Director: Finance and Operations India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India), Delhi Apply by: 15 Feb 2023
Project Accountant - European Commission (EC) Pro... SWISSAID, Maharashtra Apply by: 31 Jan 2023
Communication Consultant UNICEF, Telangana Apply by: 29 Jan 2023
Senior Programme Manager (Industry, Building & Co... Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation, Delhi Apply by: 12 Feb 2023
Field Research Executives Academy of Management Studies (AMS), Gujarat, Punjab Apply by: 31 Jan 2023
Resource Person- Program Finance Azim Premji Foundation, Karnataka Apply by: 16 Feb 2023
Director â Programs Americares India Foundation, Maharashtra Apply by: 16 Feb 2023
Mobilization Executive (ME) PanIIT Alumni Reach for Jharkhand (PREJHA) Founda..., Jharkhand Apply by: 16 Feb 2023
| LATEST JOBS |
| Post your Highlighted Jobs |
State Consultant for Urban FSSM and CCES UNICEF, Chhattisgarh
Lead - CSR (Value Members only), Maharashtra
Accountant Y4d Foundation, Maharashtra
Assistant Manager- Technical Support Unit (Help D... Dhwani Foundation, Karnataka
Senior Finance Associate Centre For Sustainable Agriculture, Telangana
Assistant Program Coordinator Light Of Life Trust, Rajasthan
District Resource Person Gramin Vikas Sewa Samiti, Uttar Pradesh
Communications Officer Waste Warriors Society, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh